Our Beginner Level I program is custom designed by equestrian experts for riders who have no or very little riding experience. The program will offer a total of 6 lessons – 2 horsemanship/knowledge lessons and 4 riding lessons for students age 5 or above. (Age 9 or above for Potomac Horse Center).
Prerequisite: rider must have completed EASA beginner lessons.
- Riders will meet together online for the horsemanship/knowledge lessons, 50 minutes each. Online schedule will be available once we have a minimum 4 riders.
- We do not offer make up lessons for online lessons.
Potomac Horse Center: 14211 Quince Orchard Rd, North Potomac, MD 20878 (For Montgomery County riders)
- Program dates/time: TBD
- Four group lessons, minimum 4 students, riders will have approximately 50 minutes riding time.
- If you have to miss a lesson please inform the facility (301) 208-0200 24 hours in advance, you will be given a 30 minutes private lesson for the same value. Please keep in mind the barn is very busy but they will try to work with your schedule, please be patient.
- Registration deadline: TBD
Full Moon Farm: Full Moon Farm, 4326 Louisville Rd, Finksburg, MD 21048 (For Howard County riders)
- Full Moon Farm only offers private lessons, you will need to call the facility in order to schedule your lessons. See below for instructions.
Total program cost per student: $350*
* Price based on minimum 4 or more in a class.
How to book your lessons:
Group lesson at Potomac Horse Center:
You do not need to book the group lessons on your own, all you have to do is register and pay the lessons fees. We will schedule it on your behalf.
Private lesson at Full Moon Farm:
Once you have registered please call Full Moon Farm at 410-795-8371, press “0” and leave a message with following to schedule your private lessons. Please note due to increased popularity of horse-back riding, the farm schedule are very competitive, the staff will try their best to find something that fit your schedule.
- Mention that you are an EASA rider
- Rider’s full name, age, weights, and heights
- Your phone number/contact info
- Rider’s availability (including the earliest time they can arrive on the farm on a school day).
Other important notes:
- The horse facility has sanitized helmet available for the evaluation session, but we strongly recommend you bring your own helmet for the regular riding lessons due to COVID concerns. For questions/assistance about how to purchase a proper helmet please contact us.
- Wear long pants and boots with a heel so your feet don’t accidentally get caught in your stirrups during a fall.
- We encourage parents to participate in our horsemanship lessons as they offer important insights to help you prepare and guide your child, no additional cost for parents if your child is enrolled in our program.
Beginner Level I Sign-up Form (6 Lessons)